淄博生活网
 | 网站首页 | 新闻 | 杂谈 | 娱乐 | 体育 | 时尚 | 女人 | 情感 | 旅游 | 搞笑 | 军事 | 玩乐 | 股票基金 | 2008北京奥运 | 
  您现在的位置: 淄博生活网 >> 情感 >> 心灵鸡汤 >> 正文

双语寓言:我与生命中的四个老婆

2007-9-13 17:12:56新浪教育佚名

  There was a rich merchant who had 4 wives.

  从前,一位富有的商人娶了四个老婆.

  He loved the 4th wife the most and adorned her with rich robes and treated her to delicacies.

  他最爱他的小老婆,给她最华丽的衣裳和美味佳肴.

  He took great care of her and gave her nothing but the best.

  他对她体贴入微、呵护备至,把最好的东西都给了她.

  He also loved the 3rd wife very much. He's very proud of her and always wanted to show off her to his friends.

  商人也很爱第三位老婆.他为她感到骄傲,并常把她作为在朋友面前炫耀的资本.

  However, the merchant is always in great fear that she might run away with some other men.

  但他同时也十分害怕,怕她与其他男人跑了.

  He too, loved his 2nd wife. She is a very considerate person, always patient and in fact is the merchant's confidante.

  当然,商人也爱二老婆,她既善解人意又温柔耐心.事实上,她是商人的红颜知己.

  Whenever the merchant faced some problems,

  每每遇到困难,

  he always turned to his 2nd wife and she would always help him out and tide him through difficult times.

  他就会找她,而她也总能帮助他走出困境,度过难关.

  Now, the merchant's 1st wife is a very loyal partner

  至于大老婆,她是一位忠诚的伴侣,

  and has made great contributions in maintaining his wealth and business as well as taking care of the household.

  替他照料生意、打理家务,忙里忙外,可谓劳苦功高.

  However, the merchant did not love the first wife and although she loved him deeply, he hardly took notice of her.

  然而,尽管她爱他爱得那么深,商人却偏不钟情于她,甚至没把她放在心上.

  One day, the merchant fell ill. Before long, he knew that he was going to die soon.

  一日,商人得了重病,他自知将不久于人世.

  He thought of his luxurious life and told himself, "Now I have 4 wives with me.

  当他回顾自己奢华的一生时,不禁心中怅然:"现在我虽然有四个老婆相伴,

  But when I die, I'll be alone. How lonely I'll be!"

  但死后却要孤零零一人,多寂寞啊!"

  Thus, he asked the 4th wife,

  于是,他问小老婆:

  "I loved you most, endowed you with the finest clothing and showed great care over you.

  "我最疼你,给你买最漂亮的衣服,还对你呵护备至.

  Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?"

  现在我就要离开这个世界了,你愿意随我而去,与我相伴吗?"

  "No way!" replied the 4th wife and she walked away without another word.

  "绝不可能!"她丢下一句话,径自走开了.

  The answer cut like a sharp knife right into the merchant's heart.

  小老婆的回答如一把尖刀插在商人的心上.

  The sad merchant then asked the 3rd wife, "I have loved you so much for all my life.

  伤心的商人继而问三老婆:"我一直对你宠爱有加.

  Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?" "No!" replied the 3rd wife.

  如今,我将不久于人世,你愿意随我而去,与我相伴吗?""不!"她拒绝道,

  "Life is so good over here! I'm going to remarry when you die!" The merchant's heart sank and turned cold.

  "人间的生活多么美好啊!你死后我会改嫁他人!"商人的心倏地下沉,渐渐变冷.

  He then asked the 2nd wife, "I always turned to you for help and you've always helped me out.

  他再转向二老婆,问道:"我过去常常求助于你,你也总能为我排忧解难.

  Now I need your help again. When I die, will you follow me and keep me company?"

  现在我想再请你帮一次忙.我死后,你愿意随我而去,与我相伴吗?"

  "I'm sorry, I can't help you out this time!" replied the 2nd wife.

  "很抱歉,这一次我帮不了你了,"她说,

  "At the very most, I can only send you to your grave."

  "我最多只能让你入土为安."

  The answer came like a bolt of thunder and the merchant was devastated.

  这句话犹如晴天霹雳,商人彻底绝望了.

  Then a voice called out: "I'll leave with you. I'll follow you no matter where you go."

  这时,旁边传来一个声音:"我愿意随你一同离去.无论你到哪里,我都会跟着你."

  The merchant looked up and there was his first wife. She was so skinny, almost as she suffered from malnutrition.

  商人抬起头,看到了自己的大老婆.她是那么消瘦,一副营养不良的样子.

  Greatly grieved, the merchant said, "I should have taken much better care of you while I could have!"

  商人悲痛万分,他说:"我过去就应该好好地珍惜你啊!"

  Actually, we all have 4 wives in our lives.

  其实,我们每个人的一生都有四位爱人相伴.

  The 4th wife is our body.

  小老婆代表我们的躯体.

  No matter how much time and effort we lavish in making it look good, it'll leave us when we die.

  无论我们花费多少时间和精力想去装扮她,我们死后它终会弃我们而去.

  Our 3rd wife is our possessions, status and wealth. When we die, they all go to others.

  第三位老婆代表财产、地位与金钱.一旦我们撒手西去,它终究会转向他人.

  The 2nd wife is our family and friends.

  二老婆则代表了我们的家人与朋友.

  No matter how close they had been there for us when we're alive, the furthest they can stay by us is up to the grave.

  我们活着的时候,无论他们与我们多么亲近,他们最多也只能到墓前送我们最后一程.

  The 1st wife is in fact our soul, often neglected in our pursuit of material, wealth and sensual pleasure.

  至于大老婆,她则是我们的灵魂.当我们沉迷于追求物质、金钱或感官享受的时候,她常常会被遗忘在一旁.

  Guess what? It is actually the only thing that follows us wherever we go.

  结果呢?她才是唯一与我们永远相伴的.

  Perhaps it's a good idea to cultivate and strengthen it now rather than to wait until we're on our deathbed to lament.

  也许从现在开始,我们就应该悉心照顾好她,而不是等到临终之际才悔恨不已.


关键词:双语寓言 四个老婆 生命中的四个老婆
发表评论】【加入收藏】【告诉好友】【打印此文】【关闭窗口
  • 上一篇文章:
  • 下一篇文章: 没有了
  • 免责声明:
        本文仅代表作者个人观点,与淄博生活网站无关。发布本文之目的在于传播更多信息,并不意味着淄博生活网站赞同或者否定本文观点。如对本文内容有疑义,请及时与我们联系。
      相关文章
    没有相关文章
     网友评论:(评论内容只代表网友观点,与本站立场无关!)
     【发表评论】(网友评论内容只代表网友观点,与本站立场无关!)
     姓 名:
     评 分: 1分 2分 3分 4分 5分
     评论内容:
    验证码: *
  • 请遵守《互联网电子公告服务管理规定》及中华人民共和国其他各项有关法律法规。
  • 严禁发表危害国家安全、损害国家利益、破坏民族团结、破坏国家宗教政策、破坏社会稳定、侮辱、诽谤、教唆、淫秽等内容的评论 。
  • 用户需对自己在使用本站服务过程中的行为承担法律责任(直接或间接导致的)。
  • 本站管理员有权保留或删除评论内容。
  • 评论内容只代表网友个人观点,与本网站立场无关。
  •   香车美女

    Copyright©2006-2010 zblive.Com All Rights Reserved 版权所有·淄博生活网 合作电话:13120311828
    制作单位:淄博生活网 (浏览本网主页,建议将电脑显示屏的分辨率调为1024*768)